The Holiday Hangout
Glice Skating and Mini Golf at Town Square
This holiday season, Town Square will be transformed into a winter wonderland of string lights, evergreen trees, Christmas decorations, holiday lights, and of course Baytown’s star-of-the-show, the 38-foot Christmas tree at the center of the square. Among the wintery atmosphere will be two new attractions – an 18-hole mini golf course around the fountain area and a Glice (synthetic ice) rink on the painted street next to Town Square. You won’t want to miss out on the annual Christmas parade and tree lighting that kicks off the holiday season on December 7th, during which the Holiday Hangout will be in operation for the community to enjoy.
There will always be something to do during the holiday season here, whether it be playing one of the main attractions or just hanging out in the lounge area while drinking hot cocoa from the snack bar and taking holiday-themed selfies with your friends and family. If you’re looking for a low-key place to hang out, come out on the weekdays for a chill evening. Book a private party through Baytown Parks and Recreation and receive exclusive access to the main attractions areas. There will be added programing and featured activities to keep the holiday magic flowing. You may encounter visits from Santa’s elf, one of his reindeer, or even Santa himself.
- "2 For Tuesday" every week. Buy one attraction, get the same attraction free (of equal or lesser value).
- "Thirsty Thursday" every week starting December 14. Adults only from 6pm to 9pm with alcoholic drinks available for purchase.
Featured Activities at Town Square
- Christmas Parade, Thursday, December 7 at 6:30pm
- Movie Night: "Family Switch", Friday, December 8 at 6:00pm
- Free to join
- Walk-ups welcome
- Bring a chair or blanket
- Mayor's Jingle Bike Ride, Friday, December 15.
- Decorating starts at 6:00pm, Ride starts at 7:00pm.
- Free to join. Walk-ups welcome. Bring a bike.
- Christmas Fest at the Market, Saturday, December 16 from 10:00am to 2:00pm
- Free photo with Santa
- Free inflatables
- Free snow zone
- Eggnog Jog, Thursday, December 21 at 7:00pm.
- $15 per person
- Sign up here
- Trivia Night, Thursday, December 28 from 6:00pm to 9:00pm.
- Free to join
- Walk-ups welcome
- Bring a phone.
- Alcohol available for purchase
Follow us on Facebook for the most up-to-date information.
Collect All 7 Stickers!
Every week, there will be a free featured sticker to collect when you visit the Holiday Hangout at Town Square (no purchase necessary; new sticker every Friday). Be sure to collect them all!
Season Dates and Hours
- Open November 24 through January 7
- Daily operations subject to change due to weather
- Closed on Christmas Eve, Christmas, New Year’s Eve, and New Year’s Day
In-School Dates & Hours
- November 24 through December 22
- Monday through Friday from 5:00 PM to 9:00 PM
- Saturday through Sunday from 2:00 PM to 9:00 PM
School Break Dates & Hours
- December 23 through January 7
- 7 Days a Week from 2:00 PM to 9:00 PM
- 18-Hole Mini Golf Course
- Glice Skating Rink (coming soon)
Admission Pricing for Attractions
|Admission Type||Cost per Attraction||Cost for Both Attractions|
|Under 10 years of age||$8||$12|
Where to Purchase Tickets
Tickets can be purchased on-site at the ticket booth via cash or card. You can also purchase tickets online. Tickets are non-date specific meaning they can be used on any day in the 2024 Holiday Hangout season. There are no refunds are rain checks on tickets.
Private Party Rentals
Rental of the paid attraction area(s) ranges from $150-$275/hour for up to 50 guests. All private rentals require a two hour minimum and are weather dependent, subject to can change at any moment.
Although a portion of Town Square will require an admission fee to participate in the featured attractions (Glice skating and mini golf), there are still plenty of activities available at no cost.
- Yard Games
- Small In-ground Trampolines
- Lounge Area
- Drop off your letter to Santa
- Take holiday photos
- Collect the sticker of the week