Garbage & Recycle
Residential Trash & Recycle Collection
Best Trash is providing residential trash service for the City of Baytown. Trash service is provided twice weekly to residents on Monday and Thursday or Tuesday and Friday of each week. Trash should be placed at the curb no later than 7 a.m. on the day of scheduled collection. You can also use your old trash can as long as it is between 30-50 gallons in size. Trash bags, 30-gallon bags or smaller, will also be allowed as long as you put them next to the bins.
Trash pickup days are as follows:
- Monday / Thursday: North of SPUR 330 (Decker Dr.) and North of Highway 146
- Tuesday / Friday: South of SPUR 330 (Decker Dr.) and South of Highway 146
Recycle pickup days are as follows:
- Monday: North of Highway 146, West of Main Street
- Tuesday: South of Highway 146, East of Main Street
- Thursday: North of Highway 146, East of Main Street
- Friday: South of Highway 146, West of Main Street
In order to receive a recycle bin, please call the Public Works Dept. at 281-420-5300. You will be asked for your name, address and telephone number and your information will be forwarded to Best Trash who will then deliver your bin within 5 to 7 business days.
Trash collection days
- Monday and Thursday: North of SPUR 330 (Decker Dr.) and North of Highway 146
- Tuesday and Friday: South of SPUR 330 (Decker Dr.) and South of Highway 146
Accepted for curbside pickup
- Household waste
- Leaves and cuttings in plastic bags
- Heavy trash including furniture, boxes, and appliances without Freon
- See Brush Collection for larger items.
Building materials, tires, batteries, electronic or other hazardous materials (i.e., pesticides, cleaning fluids and paints)
(These items are accepted at the Baytown Green Center or at the Harris County HHW Facility.)
There is no curbside pickup for trash or recycling when your pickup day falls on one of these holidays:
- New Year’s Day
Curbside trash and recycling will be picked up on your usual schedule.
Brush Pile Guidelines
- Put materials on the curb in front of your home. Do not place on vacant lots or medians.
- Do not place materials in front of utility poles, traffic signs, utilities meters or hydrants.
- Do not stack brush too close to fences, mail boxes, under overhead wires or low hanging tree limbs.
- Do not allow your brush to block the sidewalk or protrude into the street.
What goes to the curb?
- Tree Limbs (8 feet or less)
Do not include bagged leaves, lumber, wood, plastic or any other material with the brush and limbs. Bagged leaves & cuttings are placed with the twice weekly garbage collection.
What time should brush be at the curb?
- By 7:00 a.m. on Monday of your collection week.
When is brush collected?
Brush is collected once a month. See the Brush & Limb Disposal Pickup Map to determine your pickup day.
|Zone 1 - Blue||The week of the first Monday||East of North Main/North of Ward Road|
|Zone 2 - Orange||The week of the second Monday||South of Ward Road East of Goose Creek|
|Zone 3 - Purple||The week of the third Monday||Southwest of Decker Drive West of Goose Creek|
|Zone 4 - Green||The week of the fourth Monday||East of Decker Drive West of North Main/North of West Lob|
- Can you tell me more about Best Trash?
Best Trash LLC is a Texas-owned company that works in the Houston metro area and provides service to more than 200,000 customers with the potential to serve many more. Staff has decades of experience in the solid waste industry and has never lost a contract due to service issues.
- I liked the service I had. Why is the City changing companies?
The City was able to receive a better service rate from another company to provide the same, if not better, trash service to residents. Waste Management’s offer would have increased rates, which would have increased your trash bill.
- Will my trash costs increase?
No. The good news is with this new service, your rate will remain the same. That was another factor in switching providers.
- When do I need to put my trash and recycle bins out?
By 7 AM on your scheduled pick-up day.
- What if I fill up my trash bin before trash day?
Good news! Best Trash will pick up trash bags (30-gallon bags or smaller) as long as they are next to the trash bins on pick-up day.
Important Note: Limit is 10, 30-gallon bags.
- Can I use my trash can I purchased?
You can use your old trash can as long as it is between 30-50 gallons in size. You will not be allowed to use your Waste Management bin because the company has to collect the bins.
- Who can I call for more information?
For any trash-related questions, please call 281-420-5300. Representatives from the City of Baytown and Best Trash will be on hand to answer your questions.