- Complete the online application and personal history packet. You must have your Texas Paramedic certification or be National Registered as a Paramedic.
- Preliminary applicant screening (performed internally). Applicants that pass the preliminary applicant screening will receive an email invitation with a Personal History Statement packet to be completed.
- Complete the Personal History Statement. This packet MUST be filled out correctly and completely and submitted by the specified date.
- Background investigation (internal)
- A thorough investigation based on the responses in your interview, Personal History Statement and reference checks will be completed
- Preliminary Informational Session (virtual)
- This virtual meeting is conducted between the candidate and the hiring committee members to thoroughly inform the candidate on specifics such as: the hiring process, job expectations and functions, pay, benefits, incentives, and any other questions the candidate may have.
- Interview panel (virtual)
- Candidates are interviewed by a panel of current firefighters and fire officers
- Your CPAT scores are good for one year after your CPAT test date. The Baytown Fire Department will NOT be able to validate your CPAT score after that expiration date.
- Polygraph Examination
- A polygraph examination will be administered by Baytown Police Department. You will be asked questions based off of your personal history packet, references, oral interview, and your background investigation.
- The Fire Chief and Assistant Fire Chief will interview you.
- Prospective job offer by the Chief
- Medical examination & drug test
- Offer of employment after successful completion of all elements
*The hiring process from date of examination typically takes about 60-90 days*